Meeting: 7 April 2022, European gas supply in roubles and the future of the EU-Russia gas relationship
The next interactive discussion of the Brussels Energy Club will address the following topic:
"European gas supply in roubles
and the future of the EU-Russia gas relationship"
7 April 2022, Thursday, 12-2 pm CET
Online video conference format
- Meeting format: moderated open discussion featuring multiple interventions from BREC Advisory Board Members and BREC Alumni
- All participants will be encouraged to engage in the discussion
- It is intended that the meeting will feature interventions from a wide range of international experts
- Chatham House Rule format and off the record
The meeting will address the following central questions:
- Is the war in Ukraine a game-changer for Gazprom and its European customers?
- Why did Russia decide to adopt the new measure — payment for gas in roubles?
- What impact will this likely have on Gazprom and the European market?
- What scenario can we expect to unfold during April-May?
- Will payment for Russian gas in roubles equate to circumvention of sanctions?
- Are we heading towards a gas supply crisis of one form or another?
- What shape will the gas trade between Gazprom and its European customers take by the end of the year?
Further information and participation
Registration is required for participation in this online meeting.
A Zoom link will be sent by email to all registered participants.
Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.